Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"Oldest Rockband in the World!"

This completely random and non-comic post is brought to you by the party shuffle feature in iTunes. I just finished listing to the song "Twilight Zone" from the MTV Class of 1983 album(Thanks Allison!). I was thinking to myself that I never realized that this song was by the band Golden Earring. Well, I have always liked the song "Radar Love" by this group. It is a staple of classic rock which I listen to while growing up. Its a great cruising song. So anyways I toggled over to Mozilla and pulled up wikipedia. I decided to find out about this band. Turns out they are Dutch(freaky-deeky) and are the longest shelf life of any band in the world. Read the entry to find out more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Earring. To sum up this history lesson: I have learned that after a nuclear holocaust that Twinkies, cockroaches, and Golden Earring will still be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home